Wednesday, April 20, 2011

no time to race in April

April has been a busy month!  I have had so much school work and worked many evenings and weekends at CCV which has not allowed me to registered for any races this month.  I keep asking my mom to wave her magic wand to give me more hours in the day - so far it hasn't worked!  


Since I didn't run a race this month I decided I still need to make big strides towards a goal I have been thinking about for a while....I registered with Sports Backers to train for the FULL MARATHON in November.  That is 26.2 miles in case you were wondering!  I have run four half marathons and I think I am ready for this challenge!  I know my body can do it (well I hope) I just need to get my mind ready!  


Training starts in June - so until then, I will be hitting the roads to keep my legs in motion and healthy before the miles start adding up! 


Here is a link to the race event - mark your calendars!  



(I know a celebrity - that is my friend Shannon at the bottom in the yellow race shirt!  Wooo!  Go Shannon!  She trained and ran her first marathon last year with Sports Backers)

To all of you who have told me to go for it - 
you better be out on the course cheering for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment