Thursday, September 15, 2011

running in a hurricane

August in Richmond is known for the heat and the hurricanes.  Who would have thought to add a half marathon to that?  Well luckily there was a hurricane who joined us for the Patrick Henry Half Marathon in Ashland.  In the past this open country road course has been super hot and hazy....nothing on the course but cows and corn fields.  Hurricane Irene decided to join us for this race...she brought rain and wind and more rain.  

At one point during the race it stopped raining, but by the time I realized it had started raining again.

I was soaking wet when I finished I could sqeeze water from my shoes and socks!

The wind and rain didn't slow me down much - I still finished with a reasonable time of 2:23.35.







No comments:

Post a Comment